WSOP 2016 begins on 31 of May
The World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2016, the most prestigious in the world poker series will be held at Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas from May 31 to July 18, and starts it second in its history, the tournament The Colossus for the world’s most renowned poker players as well as for enthusiasts.
WSOP 2016 will feature as many as 69 events. Most of the gold bracelets will pay out 15% of the overall field while the minimum payouts will reach one-and-a-half times a given event’s buy-in fee.
In 2015, the second edition of the $565 Colossus No-Limit Hold’em became the most popular in the history of the WSOP with 22 374 participants. Nevertheless, some players were unpleasantly surprised by the structure used for the distribution of the prize ($11,187,000 in 2015), for which the winner, Lance ‘Cord’ Garcia who emerged victorious, got an amount of $ 638,000 (or 5.7% of the prize pool).
This year organisers will try again to break the record for the number of participants, and therefore announced a guaranteed prize pool of $ 7 million ($ 5 million in 2015), $1 million and a gold bracelet are promised to the winner. Two additional starting phases were also added to the tournament schedule.
The Colossus II will have the same format as it was at WSOP 2015. It will last for 6 days and the players from all starting flights will reach the money within their respective flights.
This year the WSOP will also introduce new tournament formats. There will be 8 new events:
- Event #4: $1,000 Top Up Turbo No-Limit Hold’em – the tournament will be played as a live circuit one, but entries will be able to top up their stack by playing online on the WSOP official website.
- Event #12: $565 Pot-Limit Omaha – the event features the lowest buy-in for that particular poker variant
- Event #23: $2,000 No-Limit Hold’em
- Event #40: $2,500 Mixed Triple Draw Lawball – a tournament that features A-5, 2-7, and Badugi
- Event #45: $1,500 Mixed No-Limit Hold’em/Pot-Limit Omaha
- Event #53: $1,500 Mixed Pot-Limit Omaha-8/Omaha-8/Big O
- Event #54: $888 Crazy Eights Eight-Handed No-Limit Hold’em – a multiple starting flight tournament with a guaranteed $888,888 first-place prize
- Event #61: $1,000 Tag Team No-Limit Hold’em – an event allowing 2-4 person teams
$10,000 Main Event will not be the last one. Also, The Millionaire Maker, Monster Stack and Little One for One Drop are present in the schedule.